Employment start date: as soon as possible
Hours: Wednesdays 9-12.30, Thursdays 8.30-2.30 and Fridays 11.30-2.30 (term time only; permanent)
The applicant will also need to be flexible in order to cover other sessions when required.
Bisley Pre-school is a small, community based group operating for four 5-hour sessions and one 3-hour session a week in the Village Hall. Our team of friendly staff provides a stimulating environment through which our children are able to develop the key skills necessary for starting school. Bisley Pre-school actively promotes equality of opportunity for all.
The successful applicant will:
- Hold a Level 3 early years education and childcare qualification or equivalent.
- Have knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), an understanding of the key worker system and have previous experience of working with young children.
- Have an understanding of play-based approaches to children’s learning and development with an ability to plan and prepare activities, including set up and put away the resources in the inside and outside areas.
- Be reliable, motivated and enthusiastic, with the ability to use own initiative and willingness to learn.
- Display excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Have a friendly and flexible approach at work which facilitates the development of effective relationships and a commitment to equal opportunities.
- Be committed to working effectively with young children and families, ensuring that each child’s needs are recognised and met and in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children.
- Demonstrate a secure knowledge of safeguarding and child protection procedures, a commitment to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding and an ability to work in a way that promotes the wellbeing of all children.
Bisley Pre-school is committed to the safeguarding of all children, therefore all appointments are subject to receiving an acceptable enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as appropriate references.
Salary: information on application
For more information and an application pack, please contact Linda Diovisalvi (Pre-School Manager) on 07855 194070/ email@example.com or Louise Odam (Committee Chair) on firstname.lastname@example.org