As you are aware, on Tuesday 31st October 2017, Bisley Pre-School was subject to an Ofsted inspection and the quality and standards of the early years provision have been graded overall as ‘good’. The inspection report can be found here: Ofsted 2017.
As you will see, the Pre-School has received a very impressive and well-deserved report. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the staff for their continued hard work and congratulate them on the wonderful comments in the report:
- “The well-qualified staff team creates a warm, nurturing and inviting environment at the pre-school.”
- “Children are prepared well for their eventual move to school. They share their opinions in a variety of ways. They co-operate in group activities, take turns and behave well.”
- “Children settle quickly and form close bonds with staff. They show they are relaxed and comfortable in the pre-school and display high levels of self-esteem.”
- “Children are making good progress from their starting points in their learning and development. Staff know the children very well…”
- “Children are developing their social skills well. They are kind and considerate to others and show good manners.”
Bisley Pre-School continues to value reflective evaluation and is constantly looking for ways to further improve: as you know, a new tracking system for recording children’s progress, Tapestry, is about to be launched. This was identified as an area for development prior to the inspection and so as you can see, this aspect for further improvement from the report is already being addressed.
Once again I would like to congratulate the staff…and children!… on such a great report. We should all be very proud of our Pre-School! As always, should you have any queries regarding this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact myself or the Pre-School Manager, Mrs D.
Many thanks for your continued support.
Bisley Pre-School Committee Chair